About the Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Resource Center
The Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Resource Center is a collaborative, pediatric research effort with the goal of understanding the genetic causes and links between childhood cancer and structural birth defects. As part of the Common Fund’s Gabriella Miller Kids First Pediatric Research Program, the Kids First Data Resource Center (DRC) is charged with:
- Developing data-driven platforms that integrate large amounts of genomic and clinical data from different disease types.
- Empowering the collaborative discovery, engagement, and necessary partnerships across disease communities that are crucial for progress in our biological understanding of diseases.
- Enabling rapid translation to personalized treatments for patients diagnosed with childhood cancer or structural birth defects.
- Accelerating discovery of genetic causes and shared biologic pathways within and across these conditions.
As the Kids First Data Resource Center (DRC) forward facing tool the the Kids First Data Resource Portal provides access to newly-released, large-scale, pediatric genomic and clinical disease data and empowers accelerated discovery efforts by enabling collaborative cloud-based analyses across institutions and researchers around the globe. Data from approximately 8,000 DNA and RNA samples from children affected with cancer or structural birth defects and their families is available for analysis and cross-disease discovery.
The Kids First DRC is one of the largest collections of integrated genomic and clinical data for these childhood diseases, which previously were studied largely in isolation. The portal also provides rich resources for the patient, medical and research communities to partner, learn, and interact with the Kids First DRC, highlighting the importance of collaboration and data sharing across institutions and between disease communities.
Kids First Partner Organizations
- Center for Data Driven Discovery in Biomedicine at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- CHU Sainte Justine
- Children’s National Health System
- Oregon Health & Science University
- Center for Data Intensive Science at University of Chicago
- Seven Bridges
For questions and other inquiries about the Gabriella Miller Kids First Data Resource Center, email firstname.lastname@example.org