About the Philadelphia Coalition for A Cure
The Philadelphia Coalition for a Cure (PC4C) is a first-in-kind, regional collaboration spanning across academic and healthcare systems for assessing, promoting and facilitating the use of leading technologies and data-driven research on behalf of patients diagnosed with brain and other cancers. This consortium of medical institutions is dedicated to the ongoing development of a collaborative platform of basic research and clinical trials on behalf of patients affected by cancer across the Philadelphia tri-state area. PC4C was established in 2017 in recognition of the opportunities for advancing precision medicine approaches for cancer patients through integrative, biospecimen and data-driven discovery approaches that span across all ages and across cancers. Jay Storm, MD, Chief of the Division of Neurosurgery and D3b Co-director at CHOP, currently serves as PC4C Executive Chair
- To collect high quality, clinically and longitudinally-annotated biospecimens suitable for inclusion in research; beginning with genomic and proteomic cancer studies underpinned by abnormal cell growth and proliferation.
- Provide the opportunity for future analyses using these biospecimens to result in a greater understanding of the molecular changes driving diverse cancers and their responses to therapies as informed by an individual patient’s genome, transcriptome, proteome and phosphoproteome, as well as other post-translational modifications and pathway activation present in tumors.
- Phillip B. Storm, MD – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (PC4C Executive Chair)
- Adam Resnick, PhD – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Michael Weaver, MD – Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- M. Sean Grady, MD – Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Kevin Judy, MD, MBA – Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Alan Turtz, MD, FACS – Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- Jonathan Thomas, MD, FAANS – Crozer Keystone Health System
To learn more about PC4C, please email firstname.lastname@example.org