About the Philadelphia Coalition for A Cure
The Philadelphia Coalition for a Cure (PC4C) is a first-in-kind, regional collaboration spanning across academic and healthcare systems for assessing, promoting and facilitating the use of leading technologies and data-driven research on behalf of patients diagnosed with brain and other cancers, stroke, arteriovenous malformations (AVMs) and other vascular diseases.
This consortium of medical institutions is dedicated to the ongoing development of a collaborative platform of basic research and clinical trials on behalf of patients affected by cancer across the Philadelphia tri-state area. PC4C was established in 2017 in recognition of the opportunities for advancing precision medicine approaches for cancer patients through integrative, biospecimen and data-driven discovery approaches that span across all ages and across cancers. Jay Storm, MD, Chief of the Division of Neurosurgery and D3b Co-director at CHOP, currently serves as PC4C Executive Chair.
- To collect high quality, clinically and longitudinally-annotated biospecimens suitable for inclusion in research; beginning with genomic and proteomic cancer studies underpinned by abnormal cell growth and proliferation.
- Provide the opportunity for future analyses using these biospecimens to result in a greater understanding of the molecular changes driving diverse cancers and their responses to therapies as informed by an individual patient’s genome, transcriptome, proteome and phosphoproteome, as well as other post-translational modifications and pathway activation present in tumors.
- Phillip B. Storm, MD – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (PC4C Executive Chair)
- Adam Resnick, PhD – Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- Michael Weaver, MD – Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Donald O’Rourke, MD – Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania
- Kevin Judy, MD, MBA – Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University
- Alan Turtz, MD, FACS – Cooper Medical School of Rowan University
- Atom Sarkar, MD, PhD – Crozer Keystone Health System
To learn more about PC4C, please email firstname.lastname@example.org