CAVATICA is a cloud-based platform for collaboratively accessing, sharing, and analyzing pediatric cancer data
- CAVATICA supports the newly launched Kids First Data Resource portal (kidsfirstdrc.org) and allows researchers to access and analyze data from DNA and RNA samples from children affected with childhood cancer and structural birth defects and their families, collaboratively and securely in a cloud-based environment, with a total of 30,000 WGS sequences expected to become available over the next few years.
- CAVATICA platform has demonstrated reduced compute costs by more than three-fold and enabled rapid scaling of thousands of Whole Genome Sequencing samples.
- Launched as part of the Cancer Moonshot, CAVATICA is the first scalable cloud platform to provide comprehensive, integrated access to over five petabytes of genomic data across adult and pediatric cancers
- Allows researchers anywhere in the world to communicate and share data in real time
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Trusted Partner – Interoperable with authorized platforms for storage, management and access to controlled data from the Genomics Data Commons (GDC) and the Database for Genotypes and Phenotypes (dbGap)
- Integrates functionality across numerous biomedical and informatics applications such as PedCBioPortal (pedcbioportal.org), Harvest, and Seven Bridges Genomics
- Enables users to search clinical data associated with specific samples including sponsoring foundation and organization information.
- Supports data analysis and empowers collaboration for discovery in clinical trials and pre-clinical research
- Provides all uploaded data with protections required for electronic protected health information under HIPAA regulations
Get started at http://www.cavatica.org/
CAVATICA was voted as “Best of Show” during the Bio-IT World Conference People’s Choice Awards, which recognize excellence and innovation in products for the life sciences industry. The Best of Show award is selected by the attendees of BioIT world, who come from a wide variety of backgrounds in biomedical research, data science, and information technology. Read more about this award and the partnership with Seven Bridges Genomics HERE.