Neurofibromatosis 2 (NF2) is a rare genetic disorder that is primarily characterized by noncancerous (benign) tumors of the nerves that transmit balance and sound impulses from the inner ears to the brain (bilateral acoustic neuromas/vestibular schwannomas). NF Biosolutions is partnering with D3b for biobanking and research purposes for underlying causes and identification of potential treatments through molecular analysis.
- NF2 Biosolutions and D3b will collaborate to perform observational prospective longitudinal clinical research studies for patients with brain tumors, neuro diagnosis and birth defects for the collection of biospecimens and clinical data for use in D3b and for external collaborators and external investigators
- To create comprehensive harmonized clinical molecular disease datasets that are annotated with associated available biospecimens for use in D3b and for external collaborators and external investigators
- To create disease-specific preclinical models clinically annotated with associated biospecimens and genomic data for use in D3b and for external collaborators and external investigators including drug and CRISPR Screens
- To perform hypothesis based translational brain tumor research in D3b and with external collaborators and support independent external investigators research to develop, test and launch novel therapeutic strategies
- To provide a molecularly based clinical decision, clinical decision support for clinical trials, clinical trial development